Have you watched the latest advertisement by Google, which featured Macaulay Culkin reprising the 90’s classic Home Alone but with a smart home. Well, that’s the world today. Years ago, accessing the internet from our phones was revolutionary. Today, accessing the internet is just a must. Aside from the internet taking a large space in our lives, smart devices are just booming and developing more by the year to make our lives much easier.
Home appliances are often used a lot in our daily lives. It is evident that they complement our hi-tech lifestyle with their countless advantages. But what are the benefits of living in a smart home?
Benefits of living in a smart home
Before we list the advantages of living in a smart home, we need to mention that a large portion of the success and of relying on smart devices and smart appliances are about smart home automation. That is keeping all of your devices connected in one common network.
- Managing your house through one device Thanks to automation, this will save you the burden of managing all appliances separately, but commanding them only from one dashboard or one device. This is to be done through mobile applications that are specialized in this managing smart homes and that are compatible with your devices and appliances.
- Saving time That’s the most obvious benefit from living a smart life in a smart home. With smart appliances and smart-home automation, you will save a lot of time managing your home from afar. You will be able to heat the oven and turn on the air conditioner a while before you arrive. Hence, saving yourself the inconvenience and the time. Alexa now can give you advice on how to cook and turn on your microwave for you.
- Enhancing the security of your home If you integrate a smart security system into your home management interface, you will be able to better secure your home and enjoy staying at home without having to worry about it with ring smart doorbell series by Amazon, which provide you with an indoor/outdoor camera.
- Highly flexible Smart home systems are often compatible with all the latest models and designs of appliances. These systems are somehow costly, therefore you are not expected to change them for years, but you can always add or replace an appliance or a device, and that’s why they are designed to replace and integrate with new models.
- Saving energy Although it might sound like you will be consuming more energy, you smart-home automation will actually decrease the amount of power your devices use. Think of heaters and air conditioners, if you can use some of google’s latest smart thermostat to measure and detect the most suitable temperature for you, they will automatically change the temperature of these devices and possibly consume less energy.
- Better manage your lifestyle Smart devices will always give you insights on your behavior. This is the whole point behind all the data they store. Hence, you will constantly be able to monitor the amount of time you spend on you television or while cooking, or as simple as how much time you spend at home.